Youth Soccer during a COVID-19 World
Amenity Athletics has been monitoring Local, State and Federal communications, guidelines, recommendations and advisories regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) since March and we have decided to proceed with our Fall season. *Guidelines are in conjunction with USA Soccer's Play On Initiative.
• Please check your child’s temperature before bringing them to a practice or to a game
• Please do not carpool if you can help it.
• Please adhere to social distancing during practices and games. If you feel like you cannot do so, please stay in your car.
• Sanitize or clean all of your child’s clothes and equipment before and after each game and practices (cleats, ball, shin guards, etc.);
• Please wear a mask during practices or game days if social distancing is not possible.
• Please let Amenity Athletics know immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason. Please reach out to TCallahanAmenity@gmail.com.
• Please provide personal sanitizer to your child for practices and games
• Please wash your hands before and after practices and games
• We would like to encourage all players to wear a mask before and after practices and games
• Please do not touch anyone else’s equipment, water, snack, or bag. *Bring your own water bottle to all practices and games.
•All players should practice social distancing when on the sidelines and place bags or equipment at least 6 feet apart.
• Please no group celebrations, high fives, hand shakes, hugs, etc.
• Please help Amenity Athletics to ensure health and safety of the athletes.
• Please ask players how they are feeling. If someone does not look healthy please speak to their parents and see if sending them home might be the best decision.
• Please continue to follow all state and local health protocols.
• Please make sure all players have their own equipment, water bottle, shoes, etc.
• Coaches or Assistant Coaches should be the only one handling team equipment during practices and games
• Please maintain social distance during practices and game days. If you feel you can not maintain social distancing, we suggest wearing a mask.
• Please sanitize team equipment after practices and/or game days
Limit the number of spectators for your child to 2
Upon arrival, watch games only from the sidelines
Wear a mask if unable to adhere to social distancing guidelines
Maintain social distancing guidelines while spectating games, staying 6ft away from other spectators;
Leave the field area as soon as the game concludes.
We also recommend that parents or guardians bring their own seating when spectating games and avoid bleachers or public seating when possible.
Please arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before game time and please do not remain on the field after the game.
Wear a mask while at the fields, except while refereeing games
Ensure that no more than 2 coaches/managers are present in each team’s bench area
Player Protocols Following Confirmed or Suspected Case of Covid-19
Inform your coach and email Tim Callahan at immediately.
Person cannot attend Amenity Athletics games or practices until:
14 days have passed since symptoms first appeared OR Negative results of an FDA authorized COVID-19 test from at least two consecutive respiratory specimens collected 24 hours apart (two negative specimens).
Player / staff with confirmed COVID-19 who have not had any symptoms:
Inform Tim Callahan at immediately
Person cannot attend games or practices until:
14 days after date of their first positive COVID-19 test, assuming no symptoms since that time OR negative results of an FDA authorized COVID-19 test from at least two consecutive respiratory specimens collected 24 hours apart (two negative specimens).
Protocols Following Exposure to a Suspected or Diagnosed Case of COVID-19
Take your temperature is symptoms develop
Practice social distancing; Maintain 6ft of distance from others and stay out of crowded places
Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop
Stay at home until 14 days after your last exposure; monitor for any symptoms consistent with infection during this timeframe
Check temperature twice a day and stay away from people who are at higher-risk
If asymptomatic after 14 days since last exposure, they can return to participation.
Amenity Athletics will continue to:
• Keep up to date with Local, State, and Federal Regulations and distribute protocols accordingly
• Communicate regularly with all coaches throughout the season in order to implement plans to notify teams of any situations where someone may have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
• Educate all staff on protocols and requirements, including state and local regulations, CDC recommendations, and other necessary information.
• Ensure adequate field space for social distancing.
Amenity Athletics Refund Policy:
• During the Spring season, we may the decision to refund everyone due to the effects of COVID-19 having on us to proceed with a season safely and properly. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during the process of refunds.
• If a cancellation occurs again for the upcoming Fall season, we are prepared to do the same and once again refund everyone that has registered.